Joint form links between bones. We are able to move our body parts freely due to joints allowing free degree movement in any direction. Any type of Damage / Dislocation / Injury to the joint can lead to difficult movement as well as pain. There are many underlying causes leading to joint pain.
Generalized Joint Pain Causes:
As reported by food.ndtv.com four years back, India will be home to 60 million people suffering from Osteoarthritis. Lack of awareness and sedentary lifestyle are the two most important factors ushering the endemic like situation building a new home of pains `A Joint Pain Home’.
Common Causes of Joint Pain
- Joint Pain may be Acute (lasting for days) or Chronic (lasting for months or years). Joint Pain may affect a single joint or multiple joints. A technical glitch for the term pain is Arthralgia and Arthritis. When a joint is painful it is being given a term arthralgia and a joint gets inflamed it is called arthritis. Inflammation of a joint causes pain too.
- In all age groups, injury remains the predominant factor for joint pain. Apart from injury, there are some non injury causes affecting Neonates, children, young adults and older adults. These non injury causes are Infection Arthritis caused by Gonorrhea Bacteria for young people and Osteoarthritis / Gout / pseudo gout caused by deposition of crystals in the joint.
Joint Pain Warning Signs And Symptoms
There are many signals serving as Markers of Joint Pain. The first is the pain itself which may be or may be not associated with the following signs such as:
- Tender joint
- Local warmth
- Loss of range of motion of joint
- Lumping and locking of a joint
- Loss of range of motion of the joint
- Joint redness
- Viral Infection
- Previous joint injury
- Common cold
Related symptoms associated with Joint Pain are Joint Stiffness, Joint Swelling and Muscle Cramps.
According to Ayurvedic Literature, there are three types of dosha which control the metabolism and balance of our bodies. The three types of dosha are Vatta Dosha (Space and air), Pitta Dosha (fire and water) and Kalpa Dosha (water and earth).
Joint pain is caused by exacerbation of Vata (air) dosha. Due to improper digestion toxin (ama) accumulates which gets deposited in weaker areas like knees, hands and other bone joints while in circulation in blood. The occurrence of joint pain increases in old people as Vata naturally increases in our body. The diet we take also influences the Vata. Packaged and processed foods are the main culprits in the bin. So incorporation of green vegetables and colored fruits rich in fiber and antioxidants helps in less ama accumulation. Some herbs and their extracts used to fight joint pain are Gandapura, Gandapura oil, Guggul Shuddh, Kunduru, Rasna, Sunth, Methi, Shilajit shudh, Vishwamushti, Camphor oil, Peppermint oil, Turpentine oil, Nirgundi oil, Clove oil, Tulsi oil, Malkangini oil, Ajwain oil etc.
Joint Pain Home Remedies
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil: Mix 5 to 10 drops each of both in some carrier oil like almond oil, olive oil and store in dark bottle.
- Blackstrap Molasses Drinks: In one cup of warm water add black-strap molasses and drink once in a day.
- Massage Extra Virgin Oil onto the area of paining joints.
- Eat Foods Rich in Magnesium like dark leafy vegetables for example spinach, nuts and legumes.
- Turmeric and Ginger Tea: In two cups of boiling water add grounded ginger and turmeric .Take two times each day.
- Take out time for exercise and walk.
(For details refer- www.everydayroots.com)
Treatment of Joint Pain
Dr Ortho products including Dr Ortho Oil, Dr.Ortho Capsules, Dr.Ortho Spray and Dr Ortho Ointment are 100% Ayurvedic made of herbs including Gandapura, Gandapura Oil, Guggul Shuddh, Kunduru, Rasna, Sunth, Methi, Shilajit Shudh, Vishwamushti, Camphor Oil, Peppermint Oil etc.
“JOINT PAIN RELIEF IN A HERBAL WAY
EXERCISE AND HEALTHY FOOD PAVE A WAY”
Joint Pain – Causes, Symptoms And Treatment? If you have any other information, Please add in Comments.