Muscle Pain is commonly known by the name muscle Ache/Myalgia. Everyone has experienced kind of discomfort in their muscles at some point of their lives. Muscle pain can be localized to an area or can spread to the adjoining areas.
When you feel pain, it is definitely not a good feeling. Though pain serves as an important indication for some acute to chronic problem going in your body, it can leave you with Stress, Anxiety and Depression.
Are there any Myofacial Pain sufferers? Never heard of the term Myofacial pain? Let us understand in the following passage. Myofacial pain is another way of describing muscle pain. When Inflammation accompanies the pain, this term is given the term Myofacial pain. Basically, Myofacial pain is the chronic type of pain when your acute pain has worsened. Around 70 percent of the sufferers of Myofacial pain need medication.
Our little ignorance is enough to leave us with worsening muscle pains over time duration. Let us go through Signs and Symptoms of Muscle Pain. These are as follows:-
- Continuous Pain in the particular Area (like Legs, Arms etc)
- Tenderness in the Muscle area
- Stiffness which may be accompanied by locking of Joints
- Inflammation (Swelling)
- Poor Sleep
- A wrong workout may give you Muscle Aches all over the Body
Never ignore these Signs and Symptoms of Muscle Pain. Any kind of pain, whether it is from muscle pain, broken bone or due to some chronic disease (Osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia) should not be ignored. For more details- Neck Pain Causes and Signs
Causes of Muscle Pain
Muscle pain has diverse array of causes. Depending on the cause, muscle pain can be mild to severe. The most important thing is that one should not ignore the signs and symptoms of muscle pain. In addition, one should be aware of the causes. The Causes of Muscle Pain are as follows-
- Overuse of a Particular Muscle (before warming up, that too in a wrong way-Improper training practices)
- Injury to the Muscle Fibers (during a fall or sudden accident)
- Sprains and Strains
- Stress and Tension
- Infectious Diseases (Malaria, Polio and Roundworm Infection)
- Fibromyalgia- It is a rampant Muscular – Skeletal Pain accompanied by Pain and Fatigue. It moist commonly occurs in Shoulder and Neck region.
- Drugs for Lowering Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Electrolyte Imbalance
Muscle pain can include any part of your body like back, legs, neck etc. Most of the muscle pains go without any medication, but sometimes a continuous muscle pain may indicate a severe underlying cause. Some important questions you need to ask to yourself if you are suffering from muscle pain. These are few questions which you need to answer before jumping into any conclusion.
- How the episode of Muscle Pain started?
- How much time has passed since you first experienced the first sensation of Muscle Pain?
- Are you a Sufferer of Joint Pain?
- What is the exact location of your Pain?
- Have some past Symptoms like Fever, Weakness etc. made it worse?
- What is the nature of Muscle Pain? Localized or spreading nature?
- Are you on Medicines?
How to get rid of Muscle Pain? One easy way is do easy stretching and spray on the affected area. Muscle pain spray like Dr.Ortho Ayurvedic Pain Reliever Spray, – Buy Now , EAZE Pain Relief Spray can be used.
While stretching and a spray works for muscle pain problems, one should not forget lines by Vietnamese Buddhist monk Nhat Hanh-
`Total relaxation is the secret to enjoying sitting Meditation. I sit with my spine upright but not rigid; and I relax all the Muscles in my Body’.