Health benefits of massage are tremendous. What is massage? and What does a massage do to the body? Massage is the generalized word which includes rubbing or pressing movements which in a way puts good pressure on your skin thus rejuvenating mesh work of ligaments, tendon and muscles. This rejuvenation is marked by improved circulation, relaxing muscle tissue, improving joint mobility and reducing any unwanted nerve compression.
What are Five topmost reasons to get a Massage?
1- It helps in reducing muscle tension thus helps in reducing pain.
2- A good massage therapy works extraordinarily for Arthritis.
3- A head massage helps to get relieve from mental tension generated headaches.
4- It promotes good sleep.
5- It helps in repairment of muscle tissue thus good in effective injury healing.
The above listed reasons are a way how massage can help your health and well-being.
Apart,there are many questions which really confuse people who decide to opt massage as a therapy for joints pain. Some of ubiquitous questions are- `Can massage help arthritis pain’? or `How do you massage a knee’? or `Is massage therapy good for Osteoarthritis’ ? or `How to give knee massage for knee pain’? .Well,the first thing to understand here is that massage is good for joints pain as explained above and the second thing `How to massage ‘?.This second thing will be answered in the following passages. Have a little patience buddies!!! Let us understand how to massage so have to have best relieving effect.
Massage for pain relief can act as natural home remedy for your mild to chronic joints pain.As in one article it was stated that 70 percent of doctors have recommended their patients suffering to self massage with joints pain relief ointments.
Some basic tips top self massage joints for joints pain are as follows-
- Fingers of your hand are an excellent tool to massage. Proceed from small circular motion to reaching larger circular motion for the affected joint area. This circular motion is best preferred for any joint pain relief gel or joint pain relief medicinal oil.
- When you want to self massage without having any oil or ointment to massage, make sure your fingers act as light probes to put the right impact on your skin.
- Apply heat on painful joint area prior to massaging the affected area. Heat makes a magical effect on your muscles as it relaxes your muscles.
- Some medicinal oils like Ayurvedic Dr.Ortho oil can be heated a little like lukewarm like temperature to have the best anti-pain relief solution.
Everything has pros and cons associated with it. So let us try to get a brief glimpse of some risks of massage in some individuals. Massaging the joints should be avoided in the following conditions-
- Have burned skin and thus natural process of healing is going on
- Fractured bones and hence accompanying joints should be avoided for massaging
- Skin allergy prone people because some ingredients of massaging oil can be allergic to people
- Severe long term pain conditions which get more painful as you massage in that area.
Joint pain massage is really beneficial for your joints. It is one of the natural home remedy to adopt as the first-aid measure. Self massage is the trending new way to say bye bye to joint pain. Happy Massaging!!!