Dulcolax – Laxative Tablet- Review
Dulcolax is a well-known name amongst the best laxatives for constipation available in Indian market. The active ingredient Bisacodyl provides overnight relief from Constipation, making it one of the best doctor recommended brand for Constipation Treatment.
Dulcolax is a trusted stimulant laxative which acts directly on the bowel and stimulates the bowel muscles to bring bowel movement. Dulcolax helps in relieving occasional constipation and irregularity. Dulcolax lies in the list of the best constipation remedies available in India.
What are the uses of Dulcolax-Constipation Tablet?
Dulcolax’s active ingredient is Bisacodyl which is used to treat constipation. It may also be used to clean out the intestines before a surgery/bowel examination. Bisacodyl is a stimulant laxative. It works by increasing the movement of the intestines, helping the stool to come out easily & smoothly.
How to use Dulcolax-Laxative Tablet?
- Use Dulcolax as directed by your doctor.
- Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Dulcolax by mouth with or without food.
- Take Dulcolax with a full glass of water (240 mL).
- Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Dulcolax is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
- Swallow Dulcolax whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- Do not take Dulcolax within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk.
If you miss any dose of Dulcolax and you are taking it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is the time for your next dose, forget about the missed dose and maintain your regular dosing schedule. You should not take 2 doses at once. Consult your doctor in case of any query about how to use Dulcolax.
What are the conditions in which you should not use Dulcolax-Constipation Relief?
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredient in Dulcolax
- If you have severe stomach pain; stomach, intestinal, or rectal bleeding; severe constipation; appendicitis; or intestinal blockage.
- In case you cannot swallow without chewing
- If you have undergone any abdominal surgery
It is advised to contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these are applicable in your case.
What you should do before using Dulcolax-Constipation Remedy?
You should tell your health care provider if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- Pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- Abnormal levels of fluids or electrolytes in your body, vomiting, nausea, undiagnosed stomach pain or heart failure.
- Taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, dietary supplement or herbal supplement
- Allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some medicines may interact with Dulcolax, so you must make your health care provider aware about. There are no specific interactions with Dulcolax known till time.
Is there any important safety information about Dulcolax Laxative?
- Not to use for longer than 1 week without consulting your doctor as using Dulcolax for a long time may result in loss of normal bowel functioning.
- Not to take additional laxatives or stool softeners with Dulcolax unless prescribed by your doctor.
- In Elderly, use Dulcolax with caution; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- In CHILDREN younger than 6 years old,dulcolax should not be used.
- In case of stomach pain, nausea or vomiting stop the use of Dulcolax and visit your doctor.
- Rectal bleeding or unable to have a bowel movement within 12 hours after use of a laxative may be a sign of a serious condition. Stop the use and consult your doctor.
- Any sudden change in bowel habits that lasts for 2 weeks or more than that, do not continue using Dulcolax. Instead, check with your doctor.
- BREAST-FEEDING& PREGNANCY: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You should discuss the benefits and risks of using Dulcolax while pregnant. Presence of this medicine in breast milk in not known yet. If you are or will be breast-feeding while taking Dulcolax, visit your doctor. Discuss if it can cause any possible risks to your baby.
What are the side effects of Dulcolax?
All medicines usually cause side effects, but many people have minor, or no side effects. Visit your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects of Dulcolax appear:
• Stomach discomfort
SEVERE side effects of Dulcolax include:
- Severe allergic reactions (hives; itching; rash;tightness in the chest; difficulty breathing;swelling of thelips, mouth, face or tongue).
This is an estimated list of the side effects that may occur. If you have query or doubt about side effects, contact your doctor
What are the symptoms of Dulcolax OVERDOSE?
Symptoms may include stomach cramps &diarrhea.
What are the Proper storage conditions of Dulcolax?
- Store Dulcolax at room temperature
- Store in a tightly closed container away from light, heat & moisture.
- Keep Dulcolax out of the reach of children
- Keep Dulcolax away from pets
- Do not store in the bathroom
User Review for Dulcolax- Click here
The Best Constipation Treatment in India 2017 – Dulcolax? If you have any info or query please add in comments.