Desi ghee is the clarified butter you have been in eating since your childhood. Our old grand mom has passed cooking lessons for cooking all the food stuff in desi ghee to your mom. Now are you ready to pass the same to your children and grand children? The only qualm in your mind must be the high fat content . Well; if you eat in moderation without taking inadequate amounts of it then ghee is definitely a miracle product for your health. On a broader perspective, total fat intake for any individual should be restricted to the prescribed limit keeping in mind the sedentary lifestyle we are living in the present times.
How Ayurveda has stressed on the importance of desi ghee for our health?
Let us read and know in the next paragraph 😀
The Ancient science of Ayurveda considers ghee an important therapeutic agent. The three doshas that are vata, pitta and Kapha governs the old golden science of Ayurveda. Vata, pita and kapha is the combination of energies which come from natural elements like fire, water, air and space. The said therapeutic product `Ghee’ aims to correct vata and pitta doshas. To understand in details, we need to know what vata and pitta comprises of ?
- Vata comprises of space and air
- Pitta comprises of fire and water
Imbalance of Vata dosha leads to low body weight, constipation, dry skin, unsound sleep, over thinking etc. Imbalance of Pitta dosha leads to nausea, vomiting, allergy to particular food stuff, skin allergy etc. So that is reason Ayurvedic doctors recommend to consume medicinal herbs immersed in ghee. Apart from correcting doshas ,ghee gets easily absorbed in the body thus transversing through various body channels easily.
Do you Know ? 😀
India is the largest producer and consumer of ghee all over the world.
Good for all of us. Let us know benefits of desi ghee for our health. Keep your eyes wide open to read the next sub section which will give you a brief glimpse of amazing health benefits of desi ghee.
Top 10 benefits of desi ghee for wellbeing
Desi ghee is the perfect nutritional diet and can be considered a part of healthy balanced diet. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Top 10 benefits of desi ghee are as follows-
- Desi ghee acts as a great nourisher for skin. Thus, it rejuvenates skin and gives a natural glow to skin.
- Consuming ghee improves metabolism of body thus helping in weight loss diet plans.
- Desi Ghee is known to improve digestion as it stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes.
- Immunity is said to be improved by consumption of desi ghee.
- The vitamin rich nature of desi ghee makes it appropriate for good bone and joint health. Try massaging your bones with desi ghee.
- Desi ghee acts as great massaging oil for your hair. It nourishes hair scalp and keeps your hair root strong.
- Desi ghee is anti-inflammatory in nature due to presence of anti-oxidants.
- Desi ghee is good for your heart health as it increases good cholesterol production in your body.
- Desi ghee slows down the progression of cancer as it prevents free radical formation which is again due to its antioxidant rich nature.
- Cow milk derived desi ghee solves your nasal congestion problems.
Desi Ghee is really beneficial to the normal person and a healthy person can take three teaspoons of ghee to have the full benefits for health.
Caution- An individual already suffering from overweight issues, heart disease or kidney or liver or stomach problem should avoid including desi ghee. So consult your dietitian and then consider including in your diet.
A last tip for my readers-Eat homemade desi ghee as it is free from preservatives
Read more – Are processed foods healthy?