Travelling Constipation/Traveler’s Constipation is the burgeoning problem making it all worthwhile exploring ranging from the causes to measures to effects in an elaborate way. A trip is always about the freshness, adventure, food and sneak peak to the range of cultural connections you take with you as a memory. Trip inculcates the ‘Good Feel’ spirit to your body and mind. An Italian axiom goes like
‘If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears’ – Cesare Pavese
‘Travel Light and Without Fear’ avoiding travelling constipation. Colorectal health suffers leading to travelling constipation.
The Following Causes are:
- Time Differences and New Time Zones: disturb the circadian rhythm and normal routine bowel movement.
- Stress of Travelling: Some researchers consider gut the ‘second brain’. The nerves in gut area are linked to anxiety. (Hence the term butterflies in stomach, before exam anxiety)
- Dehydration: low water intake
- Long Sitting Stretches in Travelling: stay active
- Taking Low Fiber Foods: packed foods, junk food
- Skipping Meals During the Travelling Schedule: due to change diet routines
- Appreciable Caffeine Intake Through Coffee: Work as laxatives when used in moderation. But overtaking prevents regular bowel movement.
- Ignoring the Urge to Go to Bathroom: due to safe toilet syndrome-unfamiliar bathroom
- Unrest: Not taking adequate rest can pose a problem for your gut.
Avoiding Constipation While Travelling
Avoiding Constipation is better than avoiding travelling. Gut micro flora reaction to changing new environment can put 40 percent of population prone to risk of developing constipation during trips. A few measures keep you updated in any travel trip (Train travel, air travel, Road trip).
These are the Following Measures:
- Keep yourself Hydrated: Drink at least eight glasses of water in a day. Hydration paves a way for good bowel movement.
- Take high Fiber Foods: Broccoli, sprouts, carrots, potatoes, pear, apple, oranges, tangarines, peas, lentils, almonds, oatmeal, flax seeds, brown rice incorporation help in daily fresh mornings.
- Schedule Stretching Breaks: Avoid sitting for long hours. Get up, take frequent breaks.
- Incorporate Fermented Foods in your Diet: Incorporate yoghurt, lassi, Natto, Kefir, Sauerkraut, Tempeh in your diet for easy digestion and regular bowel movement.
- Take Natural Laxatives along when you Travel: Pack your bags with some Natural Laxatives like Pet Saffa, Triphala, probiotics, chia seeds, figs and Kombucha.
- Don’t put off the Urge to go to Bathroom: Go to bathroom as soon as you want to poop. Don’t let the motion delay put your bowel movement to risk and hence constipation.
- Wake up Early Morning and Go for Stroll: Let the early morning routine do miracles for you. Exercise, meditate and go for a stroll. Explore the new surroundings. Connect with nature.
`MAKE TRAVELLING A MESMERIZING EXPERIENCE
A HEALTHY GUT IS ALL YOU NEED’
Travelling Constipation? If you have any other information, Please add in Comments.