Sleep is as Important as Exercise. As exercise boosts your metabolism so is sleep. Your overall good health is governed by many factors like Healthy Balanced Diet, Regular Exercise Schedule and Good Sleeping Habits. We often go for regular exercise in routine and also eat healthy balanced diet. But, we keep good sleep at the back end of our healthy lifestyle.
Some people just think sleep pumps the mood and is anti-dark circles healer. But, wait there is so much of your health which is attached to good sleeping. Good sleep is the most important part of a healthy lifestyle.
Sleep is the precious time when your body cells get the opportunity to perform functions more efficiently. Everyone knows how terrible it is to spend a day actively when the previous night’s sleep is not proper. The diverse area of research has given the following Health Benefits of Sleeping.
These are as follows-
1- Good Sleep can Supplement Medicines used for Warding off Pains
Good sleep improves your nagging pain. Though sleeping with pain is definitely tough but good sleep supplements your medication you take for pain. Some medicines offer sleeping aid and pain relieving effect due to natural property of sleeping effect in saying bye bye to pain.
2- Power of Good Sleep Improves your Immunity
Studies have linked power of good sleep in improving immunity of the body. The serious health problems like Diabetes, Heart Diseases and Obesity are linked to lack of proper sleep over the years.
3- Lack of Good Sleep can Increase the Risk of Injury
Sleep Deprivation will always make you feel tired and exhausted. Ability to perform your day to day tasks can be affected. Injuries may become a part of your schedule. Tasks like driving car, doing household work in a tired and exhausted manner can make you more susceptible to injuries.
4- Good Sleep Boosts up your Mood
A good mood is directly proportional to good sleep. A good mood keeps your emotional regulation up to date by keeping your hormone regulation perfect.
5.Good Sleep helps in Maintenance of Healthy Weight
Getting adequate sleep helps you maintain a healthy weight and saves you from the risk of putting extra weight. This very well relates to the fact that being tired due to lack of sleep makes you incapable of performing physical activities thus leading to Weight Gain.
After having learnt the benefits of sleeping, let us grab Quick Tips to inculcate Healthy Sleeping Habits. These are as follows-
- It is important to keep same sleeping schedule daily. Do not change your sleeping schedules base it disturbs the sleep cycle of your body.
- It is important to give seven hours to your good night sleep
- If you have time, the power nap of twenty minutes in a day can really work wonders for improving efficiency and metabolism of body.
- Make sure your bedroom is dark when you sleep. Darkness soothes your surroundings and thus helps in promoting good sleep.
- Turn off all your electronic devices thirty minutes before going to sleep. The radio waves from electronic devices can play havoc with your sleep.
- Limit your caffeine and alcohol intake before going to bed for sleep.
- Eat light healthy dinner instead of putting chunks of junk food in your stomach.
So, if you are facing any type of health illness and you are not able to diagnose what is the cause, then do consider seeing your sleeping schedule. Are you Getting Enough Sleep? Answer yourself and know how Bad Sleep is affecting your Health.