How to Live a Healthy Life? – is something always within your reach. It is the matter of just a few choices. This is something which you can start at any point of time but one thing must to know is it is a long term commitment. Ways to live a healthy life includes Diet, Physical Activity and Body awareness. Here is a to-do list of healthy living tips, to take your life on a perfect track of healthy living.
Healthy Life Step 1: Upgrade your Life
- Change your Way: We have always seen people using words like I should drink milk and eat more green vegetables. We advise you to change your way slightly by replacing the words with I Like green vegetables and I choose green vegetables. It shows that you are in control and you are making choices for yourself.
- Choose Planning: Fill your pantry with healthy snacks and keep healthy snacks with you when you are hungry. This will help you to stay away from junk food as in craving we ourselves don’t choose salads.
- Enjoy Meal Peacefully: Dine at a moderate pace, avoid watching T.V or other activity while having meal. Sit down and enjoy your meal fully and completely with your entire focus on it. Multitasking while eating is never advisable.
- Enjoy Rainbow Diet: Fill you plate with food of all the rainbow colors to get good mix of the nutrients. If you are making this happen then surely you are taking a complete diet.
Healthy Life Step 2: Push Yourself More
Here are the ways of Increasing the Physical Activity:
- Enjoy Being Active: Try something new, which will add spark in your life like Cycling, Aerobics, Walk with friends or anything that you enjoy doing. Many times, going through the same cardio equipment make life boring very boring and monotonous. Do something which is fun.
- Keep Record: Make a note of all the physical activity in your calendar. This will make you learn about your activity regimen and will keep you motivated.
- Set a Goal: As far as setting activity goals are concerned, don’t set your goals very higher in the very beginning because it can demoralize you also. Make your first goal so easy so that you can easily make it out. This will add enthusiasm in you and passion to do more. Appreciate yourself in the week end for attain your goals, this is just like loving and rewarding yourself.
- Add Activity in your Routine: Having a habit of doing everything altogether is wrong. A daily walk or light activities like skipping, brisk walk of 10-15 minutes is better than no activity. As it is very wisely said “Something is better than nothing” so prefer doing something than nothing.
You can also keep a record of the activity by knowing how many steps you take in a day by using a Pedometer. Working with a personal trainer creates a regular routine along with appropriate guidance.
Healthy Life Step 3: Take Control of your Life
- Fix Appointment with your Doctor and Dentist Periodically: You get to know about your health in general, ask your queries about your health.
- Learn about Yourself: Measure your height and weight, then Check your BMI. After Knowing your BMI you are going to have a clear idea “what should be your next step?”
- Maintain a Record of Food you Take: Keep a dairy to pen down the food you take and be honest with yourself. This will make you aware about the kind of diet you are taking.
- Gauze your Physical Activity: How much physical activity you actually get into? How many times in a week you get into physical activity? It is advised to go for two to three physical activity in a week.
- Analyze your Energy: Healthy living includes emotional stability and perfect amount of rest. You need to know the state of your mood. Are you undergoing the symptoms of depression and anxiety? Are you taking a healthy sleep of 7-8 hours at night? Get the answers of these questions about yourself…
- Check your Social Surrounding: What are your level of connections with friends and family? Are you having friends who add positive energy in your life? You must have the answers of all these questions. We all desire to have healthy, positive and long lasting relationship.
The reason behind all these questions is to know the state of your mind and life. We all must know where we stand today…. It is not about getting good answers or bad ones. It is all about getting to the next level of improvement.