“The more you fill up on healthy food, the less space you’ll have for unhealthy food. ”
During winter, dry skin is a common problem for both men and women. Although it is not a serious condition, it gives skin an older appearance, causing a dull and rough surface. So, it’s important for us to keep this problem far away from our daily life to enjoy the winter with our full spirit.
Signs and Symptoms of dry skin:
- Dull looking, scaly and flaky skin along with fine lines and wrinkles.
- Unusually tight and uncomfortable skin
- Exposed areas of skin i.e.hands and face, are mostly affected.
- Sometimes itchiness occurs.
- In severely dehydrated skin condition, chapped and cracked skin is found
Causes of dry skin:
Although there are many factors which produce dry skin such as, Environmental factors, excessive use of hot baths and showers, use of harsh soaps and detergents, taking of some medications,due to some nutritional deficiencies and some food habits. In this blog, we’ll focus only the different food items which produce dry skin.
Here’s we have mentioned some foods which should be totally avoided to reduce dry skin problem:
- Fast food: Nowadays, we all love fast food. However, it’s important to say goodbye to those foods to reduce dry skin It gives rise to blemishes, pimples and other skin related problems along with dry skin.
- Salty food: Excess amount of salt intake draws more fluid out of the cells to help neutralize the salt and draw it out of the body. Skin gets drier due to the lack of fluid. That’s why, try to reduce salty food intake from your regular diet plan.
- Alcohol: Routine use of alcohol draws out liquid from the body as it has a diuretic effect. Skin is dehydrated due to presence of less fluid in the body, contributing towards dry skin.
- Coffee: Beverages like, coffee also produces dry skin by dehydrating skin. Worsened effect is found when coffee is consumed in an empty stomach.
- Refined carbohydrates: Refined carbohydrates is another food item which causes dry skin. High-glycemic carbohydrates like, pasta, bread, white rice,chips etc. These refined carbohydrates damage collagen of skin and produces dry skin and wrinkles.Junk food lovers should be always take care of their skin as it produces DNA-and collagen-damaging oxidative stress.Wrinkles,fine lines and aged appearance is found along with dry skin due to excessive intake of refined carbohydrates.
- Sugar: Another food should be avoided to get rid of dry skin is sugar.Excessive intake of sugar can damage collagen and it will begin to lost elasticity.Ultimately, skin becomes dry. We all know that most of the juices available in the market are sugar based.Therefore, avoid such type of food and drinks which not only make your skin dry but also create other problems like, wrinkles, aged appearance etc.
So, these are the examples of few foods which should be completely avoided in order to reduce dry skin problem.Be careful while choosing your food if you have such skin problem. Avoid fried foods, oily foods and drink water as much as you can if you want to have a beautiful and problem free skin.This will really help you to fight against dry skin.
If you want a healthy skin with attractive personality, you should have to stop eating “Crap” foods to get rid of dry skin and other skin related problems. “Crap food “means
C- Carbonated drinks
R- Refined sugars
A- Artificial food
P- Processed food
For more info, you can also go through our previous blog 10 best antioxidant foods for your skin