The auspicious Navratri are here again. Some of you must have geared up for prayers and fasting. Fasting during Navratri is tradition which is followed by families to bring happiness and prosperity into home. Some take fasts for cleansing of body, mind and soul and some think it is a Good Way to Lose Weight.
Most girls do not believe in fasting as they believe that fasting will not help to increase or maintain their beauty but diminish it. Everyone have own believe but the truth is everything has its pros and cons. We will discuss it in details further.
How Fasting affect our Skin and Health?
During Navratri, we skip our regular diet and some of us tend to eat too much and some eat too little. This sudden alteration in diet can affect metabolism and also skin and hair. So the question arises What are effects of Fasting on Body? and How to take care of your Skin during Fasts?
Benefits of Fasting on Skin:-
Fasting helps in clearing the skin and whitening the eyes. During fast we stay away from sweets and fast foods and eat fruits or nuts due to which our body absorbs nutritive factors like vitamins, minerals and proteins lying in fruits which replace new cells instead of old. Our body cleans out toxins, chemicals and food addictives and gives soft and glowing skin.
Some Effects of Fasting on Body:-
- Metabolism is reduced which results in burning of Fats.
- Immunity system becomes stronger as White Blood Cells get enhanced during Fasting.
- Cholesterol breakdown happens which reduce risk of Heart Problems.
- Fasting lowers Blood Pressure and increase level of Urea.
Tips to take care of your Skin during Fasts:-
- Eat Well:- Anything you eat will reflect on your face. Eating too much of oily and unhealthy foods require extra skin care. Fasting should be taken as an opportunity to flush out toxins from the body so try to eat plant-based fresh foods, raw or cooked healthy.
- Avoid Overeating:- In fasting overeating should be avoided as it can defeat the entire process of Detoxification. Overeating defeats the entire process of fasting, which is to cleanse Body, Mind and Spirit.
- Drink Fluids:- Drink plenty of Fluids as it will keep Skin and body well Hydrated and this will also silence the food craving.
- Avoid stress:- Stress reflects directly on the Skin and Hair Health. Get adequate sleep to restore your lost energy.
What can you Eat during Navratri for Healthy Skin?
Intake of certain foods during fasting can maximize benefits to our Skin and Health. These foods are:-
- Flours:- Flours that can be eaten during Navratri include Buckwheat (Kuttu ka atta), Sighare ka Atta, Rajgiri ka Atta, Saboodana and Arrowroot.
- Fruits:- During Navratri, one can eat all the Fruits but some of Healthy Fruits for fasting people are raw Banana, Water Chestnut, Pears, Apple, Orange, Coconut and Pomegranate.
- Vegetables:- Some of the vegetables that provide enormous health benefits to people on fast are Potato, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Raw Papaya and Yam.
- Salt:- During Navratri make use of rock salt instead of normal salt as it comes with enormous benefits.
- Dry Fruits:- Almonds, Cashews, Raisins and Walnuts can be consumed during Fasts.
- Dairy Products:- Milk, Yoghurt, Cream and Paneer intake is good during Fasts. You can also make Sabudana Kheer as it is good source of Carbohydrates and it also give good amount of energy to the body.
- Beverages:- Drink lots of Water and can also have Green Tea, Black Coffee and Tea while Fasting.
Unhealthy Fasting could lead to dire consequences so opt for Healthy Way of Fasting and Detoxify your Body.