‘Holi’ is the festive which is smeared in rich and vibrant hues. This festive is just around the corner and is very joyful and a promise to new beginnings. This festival also brings lots of skin related problems with it. In the market, lots of chemically treated colors are available which affects skin intensely. These colors cause allergies, irritation as well as breakouts on skin. Here are some tips and precaution to protect your skin from harsh colors.
Tips for Skin Care before Holi
- Wear the clothes that cover maximum parts of your body. Cover your body well with full sleeved clothes with a pair of jeans as it will avoid color staining all over the body.
- Apply coconut oil or olive oil on your hairs, hands and feet also put moisturizer on your face generously. Apply thick coat of petroleum jelly on your lips.
- Apply some castor oil or coconut oil on earlobes so that they do not look funny with tons of color.
- Also wear sunscreen on exposed parts of the body especially face and neck so that it should be protected from harmful sun rays.
- Tying a bun or braiding your hairs is the best option for protecting hairs. One can also wear cap or a scarf on hairs.
Precautions to Taken During Holi
- Make use of herbal colors as much as possible but still you could not avoid synthetic colors usage as it could be applied by others while playing Holi.
- Keep yourself hydrated as much as possible. Drink lots of water as skin can get dehydrated by application of chemicals.
- Play Holi with natural colors like Turmeric, Henna, Tea leaves, Rose petals, Marigold flower, etc. as they are safe on the skin.
- If you feel itchiness on your skin, make sure to wash the color immediately with cold water.
- Try to wear fabrics that do not absorb water quickly as it could put color stains on your skin which could be difficult to remove.
After enjoying the colorful playing session with family and friends, it’s time to remove the colors which seems the most difficult part.
Skincare After Holi Bash
- Wash yourself immediately after playing Holi as it is easy to remove colors when they are still wet.
- Apply moisturized or ayurvedic soap such as Roop Mantra with lukewarm water on your skin. Do not rub your face or skin vigorously as it could cause skin damage so be gentle with your skin.
- Person who suffers from pimples, acne and blemishes can make use of Ayurvedic face wash like Roop Mantra face wash as it clear impurities, fight against breakouts and also retains moisture of the skin.
- After bath it is necessary to moisturize your entire body. Apply Aloe-Vera gel or coconut oil on your skin as these are good moisturizer.
- Lemons have bleaching properties and are best option to reduce the effect of color in your skin. Lemon wedges could be rubbed on face as well as on body. After applying lemon moisturizing skin is important.
- Avoid going out in sun after the shower. Apply Roop Mantra Ayurvedic cream on your face as it is nourishing ointment which protects skin from infections and is suitable for all skin types.
Follow these simple tips and precautions which one should follow in Holi. We can enjoy Holi in true sense when we play it safe.