Vitamin E is very good for the skin. It also helps to rejuvenate skin. You might have heard the presence of vitamin E in many skincare products. This vitamin is good nutrient and also very powerful fat-soluble antioxidant. This vitamin is very versatile when it’s in purest form.
The purest form of this vitamin is light brown in color and is found in many skincare products. This ingredient is highly beneficial for skin especially when it is combined with some other antioxidant.
Now you might be thinking that how vitamin E helps our skin? It acts as defense for skin as it fights against free radicals and also against other environmental damaging effect. It helps to treat various skin issues.
Where one can find Vitamin E?
This ingredient can be easily found in any drug store or at cosmetic shop. This comes in liquid form and also in capsules form. If you are looking for any skincare product with vitamin E then see for ‘tocopherol’ on the label before purchasing the product. Applying a little bit daily and improve your skin health.
Why vitamin E is good for skin?
It is very effective for skin as its functioning is very beneficial. The protection which is provided by this vitamin for skin includes its function as an antioxidant and also as an anti-inflammatory process which inhibits the enhancement of immune and aggregation of the platelet.
Benefits of Vitamin E for skin
- Nourishes the skin: – Vitamin E acts as a moisturizer which helps in nourishing the skin from within. This helps to make nerves stronger and also restores the lost moisture. This is an oil-soluble nutrient which works best on dry skin. So apply it on your face as night moisturizer before going to bed and get soft and radiant skin.
- Lightens Scars and dark circles: – This helps to reduce and heal acne scars, wound or burn scar. It helps to regenerate new skin cells and also lightens the brown spots on the face. This is also a great way to get rid of dark circles.
- Reduces stretch Marks: – Applying Vitamin E rich oil to the skin helps in increasing the level of nutrients in the skin tissues. In order to reduce the appearance of stretch marks one needs to apply it regularly and rub it gently on affected area.
- Fights Anti-ageing:- Sometimes we see brown spots on the skin which are caused by aging or can be by poor functioning of liver. This vitamin repairs and also prevents the damage which is caused by free radicals. It should be directly applied on brown spots to smooth the rough skin. It regenerates skin cells and also lubricates cell membrane.
- Treats sunburns: – Antioxidant like vitamin E generally provides electrons to free radicals which save healthy molecules from getting depleted. It neutralizes the effect of free radicals and helps to protect the skin from sun damage caused by ultraviolet radiations. So rub few drops of oil gently over sun burnt area.
Side effects of Vitamin E
Some people can get reactions by applying vitamin E on skin such as redness or itching. If you add more moisture on the skin, it can cause breakouts. There are some skin types which are sensitive to this vitamin but it is very rare condition.
Do you want radiant skin? Add vitamin E products in your beauty kit and utilize the benefits of it. Get healthy and glowing skin. Have a good day.
Also read: What are the vitamins for skin?